How To Compete
Looking to gain a spot to compete in Miami, come January of 2017?
- Invitation - Specific athletes and teams (see below) will receive invites to compete at WZA Miami. These individuals do NOT have to participate in the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier.
- Qualification - Earn your right to compete at WZA Miami. Those seeking to “qualify" must finish within a certain ranking in the Online Challenge & Qualifier. Please note, some divisions have both qualifying spots, and open registration spots.
- Open Registration - Team WZA has elected to revert back to our Open Registration format for select divisions. This format will allow registration on a first come, first serve basis, but only for those individuals that complete the entirety of the Online Challenge & Qualifier, submit scores, and required videos. The purpose of having these athletes do the Challenge, is for one, to allow them to be part of the community along the entire “Road to WZA.” Additionally, it's to give those athletes that are most passionate about competing at WZA Miami the opportunity to do so. How? This will decrease the pool of athletes eligible to sign-up via Open Registration, as it will be exclusive to those that have completed the Challenge. This will give these folks an increased chance of securing registration for the Miami event.
Invitations will be sent to the following:
- 2016 individual CrossFit Games qualifiers
- 2016 CrossFit Games Team podium finishers
- 2016 CrossFit Games Masters champions
- Former Individual CrossFit Games Podium Finishers
- All former elite individual, elite team, and Master's WZA champions
Aside from the above, if you are a former CrossFit Games competitor, and would like to place a request for an invite, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.